Charts for Sale

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Busy Doing Everything But Stitching

      I've been keeping myself very busy these days. Much of my day is spent in my gardens tidying up the beds after the long winter rest. I have much weeding to do... so please pardon the dandelions... I'll get to them soon.

I hope my Garden Frog keeps the Stitchin' Frog away this Summer.



I installed a new pine bark path to create a mud-free walking path.


          I recently inherited my paternal grandmother's treadle Singer sewing machine. 


It's been a few years since it's been used and I'm looking forward to seeing if it's still operational. 

      I finished the basic blocks for my Snow Globe quilt and now comes the decision  as to which background fabric to use.


Emma's made her fabric selection.

Owen would rather take a nap and leave the fabric choices up to me.
       
      I did spend some time in my stitching chair... but it wasn't much!
Rachel Howells - The Scarlett House



Sarah Pain - Scarlet Letter
        I was also the winner of a giveaway on Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year

A lovely book on the textiles at Sulgrave Manor and a Victoria and Albert 1840 commemorative thimble.

  Laurie